- Category: Formula 1
- Published on Tuesday, 30 August 2011 09:50
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 1880
1. When preparing for a cleaning operation, start by turning off the fuel valve and removing the carburetter from the engine. Your vehicle’s maintenance manual should be able to tell you how to disconnect the carburetter – but if you’re in any doubt then call in a knowledgeable friend or professional mechanic.
2. Open the carburetter, again by following the instructions in your manual. Once opened, you can allow excess fuel to drain into a bucket. At this point, you should be able to judge the condition of the carburetter by examining the interior and testing the needle to check that it moves smoothly. If the needle is sticking then it may need to be removed and cleaned.
3. Use specialist carburetter or breaks cleaner to flush out the fuel lines, paying particular attention to any build up in the lines which may be obstructing the flow of petrol. If you’re unsure of what to look out for then it may be worth using an automatic tester to assess the condition of your carburetter.
4. When your cleaning operation is complete, replace the carburetter in the engine, making sure that fuel lines are re-attached. You can test the engine immediately to check your success, but remember that the carburetter will take a little time to fill up again after being drained.
Some of these techniques are used and performed at titan casino, where the mechanics of sports can be used to located the right online gambling experience.
In addition to cleaning your carburetter periodically, you should also perform a few regular maintenance tasks to keep it in tip top condition. Check the air filter before long journeys or when changing the oil, and replace it if it looks worn or grimy. If your car is going to be sitting for a long period or placed in storage then you should also remove petrol from the carburetter to prevent build-up.
Before performing DIY maintenance and parts replacement on your car, it’s important to check your insurance policy. Some modifications may invalidate or breach the policy conditions, and if you enjoy regularly tinkering with your engine then you should consider taking out a specialist policy. Choose a flexible provider such as Kwik Fit Insurance, which offers cheap car insurance premiums, and make sure you list any modifications made to your vehicle model to prevent rendering your cover null and void.